Thursday, November 19, 2015

Following Production Processes P3 (d)

Brainstorm/ main ideas
This is my initial brainstorm ideas of how my music video would be. It includes the shooting location, equipments, theme, song and actors. This will give myself, my crews and the actors a clearer concept of how I wanted the music video to be shot. 




Song/ themes of the music video
For a music video, the scenes and the song are the most important because it sets the mood of the music video. The lyrics are also one of the most considering part because it usually connects to the scenes, and making a clear understanding of the meaning of the song. For the music Runaway, I decided to do a music video about friendship and escaping from reality. This is a uplifting song which make people feel free. For the effects, I am going to put some of the clips in slow motion, which indicates timeless. And light leaks which indicates dream and fantasy.

Plot and setting
In the beginning of the music video, it will be set in the history classroom in our school. The music video will be based on 2 boys who are best friends, they will be escaping school and having fun. They will be passing through different locations like hallways, locker rooms, the field...


Costume
My actors are Kent Tam and Bosco Ng. Kent Tam as actor A and Bosco Ng as actor B. This is a very youthful song so I want them to wear something causal and free so that they would be comfortable to run and jump around. They were wearing t-shirt, hoodies and trainers in the music video. 




Achieving the style of film I wanted
Once I have planned my concept for my music video, I decided to film around the school area first, then move on to the woodland and field outside of school. Also, I wanted the mood to be very enthusiastic so I needed to wait for a sunny day to shot, sunlight is the best lighting for the mood of my music video, it is very lucky to have the sunshine for both days of my shooting. I also filmed them with different angles, like close-ups, tilt and pan etc. 

FILMING DIARY

16/1/2016

We started our filming after lunch at around 1:30p.m. All our cast and crews are living in the same school campus so it is easy for everyone to be on time. For the dress code, I wanted them to wear casual and comfortable clothes so that they would feel more free to act and run. The most difficult part that we have to go through was getting the right time to shoot for everyone because some of them are not free on Sundays, and some of them are not free on Saturday afternoons. For the time arrangements, the actors and crew really collaborate well with us. For the location, like the history classroom is really hard to get people to open it for us on Saturdays. We have to go and ask the school manager for leaving the classroom open for us, and also we have to ask permission of the teacher who uses the classroom. I think the first day of filling went well because the weather was great, and we followed the storyboard efficiently, we also got a few unexpected shots as well. That was a sunny day and the lighting was perfect. Few days before the shooting day, it was raining so the mud and grass was still wet and slippery, we have to be careful from falling off and damaging equipments.


31/1/2016


On this day, we did more additional shooting. Our shooting took place in the library, the benches area next to Food and Nutrition department and also the astro. We shot some clips and they are set to be the memories of both actors. Again, the dress code is also casual and comfortable. 

The actors completely satisfied Annabelle and me of what we wanted them to do, they acted very naturally just like what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment